Alberta Happiness Basics
Alberta Happiness Basics is an evidence-based workshop teaching skills for improving your level of happiness.
- The Happiness Basics program is for adults 18 years or older who want to be happier. You do not need a diagnosis to take this program.
- The Happiness Basics program is not therapy or counselling
2-hour group session once per week for 4 weeks.
- Referral from your Aspen PCN family physician; or if you are already seeing an Aspen PCN Nurse, Behavioural Health Practitioner or Exercise specialist, you can ask them about a referral
- Self-referral – just contact a member of our Aspen PCN Allied Health Staff.
Please Note: If you are experiencing moderate to severe depression, moderate to severe anxiety, or a recent bereavement, this program may not be appropriate for you at this time. We can help though, and invite you to contact the Health Home Office nearest to you (info below) so we can assess your individual needs and plan services to meet those needs.
- To attend, as far as possible, each week for 2 hours per week.
- To do the weekly homework (it’s fun) which provides you the opportunity to practice the skills and take control of your personal state of happiness.
- To maintain the confidentiality of co-participants.
The Happiness Basics program is offered virtually in partnership with the Red Deer PCN